Wednesday 18 January 2012

A satisfying book

I often - and I guess I'm not the only one in a blog - moan about stuff on here. It's a chance to let off steam. But I thought it would be nice to write about something that pleased me.

I like to read and I'm not happy if I haven't got a book on the go.

I've just finished reading The Confession by John Grisham. Grisham's an easy read and I've read all of his books. I thoroughly enjoyed The Confession. Obviously based on his experiences researching his non-ficiton book The Innocent Man, The Confession is a tale of a man accused of a crime, his forced confession and his death at the hands of the State of Texas, just before it is proven that he couldn't have done it.

The book takes you through the range of emotions - despair, hope, pride - which is what a good book should do.

Give it a try. As I say, it's an easy read and I found it immensely satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment