Thursday 14 July 2011

Guilfest gets ready to roll

I'm excited to be going to my local festival, Guilfest, this weekend. As I live fairly close by, I won't be camping (no need to take "the festival experience" too seriously!).

Headliners over the three days are ROGER DALTREY, RAZORLIGHT and JAMES BLUNT. Something for everyone? Almost, especially as N-DUBZ are right behind Razorlight on Saturday night's bill, and ERASURE and second only to James Blunt on the Sunday night.

However, with the weather forecast not so sparkling for the weekend, I could be heading for the cover of some of the indoor stages. I have acquaintances, for example, in LOOK! NO HANDS! who play on Friday evening in The Liveclub Stage tent, and in PLAY DEAD SISTER who open proceedings on Sunday afternoon in The Big Cheese Cave tent. Should both be interesting.

Other acts I'll be seeking out will be FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND, THE LAMBRETTAS, STEVE HARLEY & COCKNEY REBEL, FORTY 45, HUGH CORNWELL, NYLON SKY. It's going to be busy!

Guilfest is renowned for its family atmosphere and, having been before and taken my family, I can vouch for that. Always, when I've been in the poast, it's been sunny. Come on sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment