Friday 11 January 2013

The Shard view proves popular

Having worked close to the growing Shard in London for the past five years or so, I have grown (not in quite the same way) to love the building. I think it's an exciting piece of architecture.

I am delighted to read (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-20970513) that its viewing platform at 243m (the Shard is 310m high) is proving popular, with its first two days of tickets selling out before it's even open.

Viewing begins on 1 February, with tickets being sold for £24.95 for adults and £18.95 for children. Viewing is from floor 72, which is partly open to the elements. A February start will certainly test the visitors' mettle! Although tickets are bets purchased in advance there will apparently be some available for on-the-day visitors who are happy to walk up those 72 flights.

It should be an amazing view. I must book myself a ticket.




No comments:

Post a Comment